- May 12, 2015
- In accidents
Getting into a taxicab related accident can be particularly disorienting. You find yourself injured in a strange automobile with a driver that you do not know. To make matters even worse, taxicab drivers and companies do not make it easy for you to obtain the compensation that you are entitled to for the injuries that you have suffered.
This is why it is important for you to hire an experienced attorney who specifically handles these types of cases to ensure that your rights are protected and that you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Important Steps to Take After a Taxi Cab Accident
What you do or fail to do immediately after a taxicab accident can affect your ability to obtain compensation in a personal injury claim, especially if you were seriously injured in the accident. Although taxicab companies are required to have No Fault insurance that allows the victim to recover compensation without proving fault, it does not mean their carriers are easy to tender the compensation victims deserve.
As such, it is important that you take every step necessary to ensure your personal injury claim is solid so you receive the compensation that you deserve. Below are some important steps you should take after an accident:
- Call 911. If you or another party has suffered serious injuries, call 911 and request for medical aid to come to the scene of the accident. You should also request for the police to prepare a report in the immediate aftermath of the accident.
- Seek medical attention. If your injuries are not serious enough for you to go to the hospital, you should still immediately be checked out by your physician, even if you feel fine. Certain medical symptoms may not appear until days or weeks after the accident.
- Obtain pertinent information. Get important information for the taxi driver, including his full name, license number and phone number. You should also get the taxi’s license plate and registration number.
- Get information of witnesses. Obtain pertinent information for any witnesses to the scene of the accident.
- Take pictures. If possible, you should take pictures of the scene of the accident and the property damage to the vehicle. You can take these pictures on your cell phone.
- Consult with an attorney. In most cases, taxicab accident victims will not obtain the full compensation they deserve without having an aggressive and experienced attorney on fighting on their behalf. To make sure that you get the monetary damages that you deserve for your injuries, you should immediately hire a knowledgeable attorney who specifically handles taxicab accident cases.
Call Us Today!
If you or someone you love has been injured in a taxicab related accident, it is important to immediately consult with an experienced legal professional as you may be entitled to monetary damages. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with experienced Los Angeles taxicab accident attorney Samer Habbas, please call us toll free at 1-888.848.5084.
Tags : taxi Accident