- October 20, 2014
- In car Accident
At the Law Offices of Samer Habbas, we are aware of the need for extra safety at the start of every school season. Below are five important tips commuters should be aware of when school is back in season:
- Be careful of school buses – School buses often make more stops than other buses on the road. As such you need to be careful and prepared when sharing the road with a school bus. If you see red flashing lights, you are not allowed to pass the bus. You should also remember that children do not follow the rules, so be cautious and watch out for children around school buses.
- Pay attention of speed limits in school zones – School zones generally have lower speed limits because there is more foot traffic. You should slow done and anticipate the unexpected.
- Check the weather – Fall weather tends to be unsettled. The rain, wind and falling leaves can leave the road slick and more prone to accidents. You should drive slow and be prepared to suddenly brake.
- Shorter days – Fall also marks shorter days and shorter daylight hours. Roads tend to be more hazardous at dusk. This is especially true around school zones. Although the day may have ended earlier, sports and other after school activities may end later.
- Carpool safety – If you carpool a number of students to school, make sure each child is properly buckled and is riding in the back seat. Also, make sure younger children have car seats or booster seats.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident, you should consult an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. Call us toll free at 1-888-848-5084.
February 24, 2021
February 17, 2021
February 5, 2021
February 4, 2021
December 30, 2020