Accidents at Amusement Parks
Every year more than 270 million people visit amusement parks in the United States. This is clearly a large industry that includes not only major parks, such as Walt Disney World and Six Flags, but also other smaller placed operations. While these parks and attractions provide safe entertainment for most visitors, periodic accidents are reported every year resulting in serious or even fatal injuries.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in an accident at an amusement park, you should immediately consult an experienced Orange County personal injury attorney to determine if you are entitled to monetary compensation.
Different Categories of Amusement Park Accidents
Amusement park accidents often fall into one of the following four common categories:
- Negligence on the part of the amusement park patron (often resulting from refusing to follow ride safety instructions or deliberately breaking park rules).
- Negligence on the part of the park.
- Injury resulting from a patron’s known or unknown health issues.
- An accident that is not caused by any party’s direct action, such as slipping and falling.
Common Causes of Amusement Park Accidents
Although amusement park accidents do not often occur, when they do they usually result in serious injuries. There are many causes of amusement park accidents, including:
- Failure to properly operate the rides
- Failure to properly maintain the rides
- Defective and poor design of the rides
- Missing safety equipment
- Mechanical failures
- On-premises assaults and robberies
If your injuries were caused by the negligent actions of the amusement park, you may have a legal right to compensation. You may be entitled to damages for your medical and therapy bills, out of pocket expenses, loss of wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love was injured in an amusement park accident, you should consult an experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. Call us toll free at 1-888-848-5084.