What to Do After a Taxi Cab Accident
In major metropolitan cities like Los Angeles and New York, taxis are a popular mode of transportation. However, recently, this type of vehicle has been involved in high profile traffic accidents, leaving passengers with serious injuries. Unfortunately, taxi drivers notorious for reckless and aggressive driving. As a passenger in a taxi, you remain at risk for serious injuries.
If you were involved in a taxi cab accident, you need the help of an experienced car accident attorney to help you obtain the compensation that you deserve. After a taxi cab accident, you should do the following:
- Document Evidence at the Scene. Just like with any accident, the more evidence you can safely document at the scene, the better. Take photographs of all vehicles involved and their positions in the street and in relation to each other. Take note of the weather and street conditions, the signage and traffic signals, and any other evidence that seems relevant.
- Collect information. Obtain names and contact information for all witnesses willing to speak with you, and exchange contact and insurance information with the other drivers and passengers.
- Call the Police. Call the police following any type of motor vehicle accident, especially involving a commercial driver or taxi cab. Some jurisdictions and insurance policies require police reports in order to pay on a claim.
- Seek medical attention. It is important to seek medical attention even if you feel fine. Certain symptoms may not surface until days or weeks after the accident.
- Retain a lawyer. Hiring a car accident attorney that specifically handles accidents involving taxis will ensure that you obtain full compensation that you deserve.
Consult with an Experienced Taxi Cab Accident Attorney in Southern California
The Law Offices of Samer Habbas will fight for your rights when you are injured in an accident. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced taxi cab accident lawyer in Orange County, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888.848.5084.