Amazon’s Next-Day Delivery Exports More Harm Than Goods
Whether you are last minute holiday shopping or have a need for instant gratification, Amazon has made it simple for you to almost instantly receive your purchased item(s). It is as easy as one click with Amazon Next-Day delivery. Amazon Prime can get your item(s) delivered right to your doorstep in just one or two days after checkout. Unfortunately, your expedited order comes at a price much more than what you paid for.
In order to timely fulfill and deliver orders, a lot of pressure falls onto the drivers, forcing them to cut corners in order to meet the high Amazon demand. Amazon drivers, who are mostly employed by contractors, deliver between 250 to 300 packages per day, jumping to 400 or more during holiday seasons. In order to make this happen, Amazon provides contractors with directions via a mobile application, that also allows the company to keep track of the driver. If they fall behind schedule, they will get a call from the dispatcher to pick up their pace.
Amazon expects the delivery companies it contracts with to keep drivers on the road for as long as possible, to make sure all packages make it to their destinations on time. The lack of rest and time off can take a toll on drivers, which in turn can wreak havoc on the road. Distracted and fatigued driving are top causes for motor vehicle accidents.
Common Causes of Amazon Delivery Truck Accidents
In addition to distracted and fatigued driving, other reasons Amazon delivery drivers can create dangerous situations resulting in collisions include:
- Blind spots – drivers are unable to see other motorists and pedestrians due to the size of their trucks
- Distraction technology – distractions can easily occur when drivers need to keep track of the app that gives them information about their deliveries
- Inclement weather – harsh weather conditions can create serious issues that cause drivers to lose control
- Heavy loaded trucks – when a truck is fully loaded, it is more difficult to control
Important Steps to Take After an Accident with an Amazon Delivery Truck
If you have been injured in an accident involving an Amazon delivery truck, you need to take important steps to protect your legal rights.
- Call 911 if you or a loved one has suffered injuries that need immediate medical attention. If not, you should still see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Get information of all parties involved in the collision.
- Take as many pictures of the scene of the accident, including all damages to your vehicle and all other vehicles involved in the crash.
- Immediately consult with an accident attorney who is experienced with these types of accidents.
If you or a loved has been injured in an accident involving an Amazon truck, you should discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney. You may be entitled to compensation for your accident. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates have achieved over $135 million for their clients so far. For more information or to schedule a FREE consultation with one of the attorneys, call 949-727-9300.