RIVERSIDE AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER
Riding in a car is second nature for almost all of us. We get behind the wheel or in the passenger seat without giving a second thought to the dangers associated with riding in a car. There were 33,244 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2019, resulting in 36,096 deaths. This means there were 11 deaths per 100,000 and 1.11 deaths per 100 million miles traveled. Although these tragic statistics should not prevent you from getting in a car altogether, it should be a reminder that we are not immune to car accidents. As such, we should know what to do in the event that we are injured in a collision.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of another party, it is best to immediately consult with and ultimately hire an experienced Riverside auto accident attorney to protect your legal rights. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates is dedicated to working hard to ensure that you get the full compensation that you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
With multiple offices located in Riverside, Irvine, Los Angeles, El Segundo, and San Diego, our personal injury lawyers represent car accident victims across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary case consultation with an attorney, please call 888-848-5084.
PROVING NEGLIGENCE IN A RIVERSIDE CAR CRASH
In order to successfully resolve your auto accident claim, you must prove the following elements of negligence:
- The other driver had a duty to operate his or her vehicle in a safe manner.
- The other driver breached that duty.
- The actions of the other driver caused the accident.
- The accident directly caused your injuries and monetary losses.
In order to prove the elements of negligence in any of these cases, your Riverside auto accident attorney must properly investigate the facts surrounding the collision in a timely and efficient manner. The legal team at the Law of Samer Habbas & Associates has the experience and resources to conduct the necessary investigation by:
- Examining physical evidence, such as the damage to your car and the other cars involved in the accident.
- Speaking to witnesses.
- Obtaining the police report.
- Inspecting the scene of the accident.
- Reviewing medical reports and billing.
- Examining GPS data from relevant vehicles.
TYPES OF AUTO ACCIDENT INJURIES
Every part of your body is vulnerable in a motor vehicle crash. Although wearing a seatbelt can save lives and even minimize injuries, accident victims can nevertheless suffer serious injuries in a car accident. Depending on the severity of the accident, some common injuries include:
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries/whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries, such as paralysis
- Back injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Internal injuries
It should be noted that not all injuries are physical in nature. A serious car accident can also result in emotional and mental anguish.
Additionally, many victims may not be immediately aware that they have been injured. After days or even weeks, symptoms may surface, such as pain, discomfort, dizziness, or nightmares. This is why it is crucial to seek medical treatment right after the collision, even if you don’t feel like you have been injured. Failing to do so can worsen your injuries and make your personal injury claim harder to prove.
COMPARATIVE FAULT UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW
Not all car collisions are clear-cut with regard to who is at fault and who is not. With some car accidents, both parties may be partially at fault. In others, it may be very difficult in proving who actually caused the crash. As such, if you have been injured in a collision, it is imperative that you immediately hire an experienced Riverside car accident lawyer to protect your legal rights.
California laws explicitly account for this type of situation by way of a legal doctrine called comparative negligence. California is a “pure” comparative negligence jurisdiction. This means that even if you are found to be more than 50 percent at fault for the accident, you can still recover damages from the other party involved.
COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN RIVERSIDE
Traffic collisions happen every day due to different reasons. Responsible drivers who are aware of the dangers on the road that can cause crashes can significantly reduce the risk of accidents, injuries, and fatalities.
Below are some of the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Drowsy driving
In addition to bringing a claim against the negligent driver, you may also have a claim against the city, county or state agency if the accident was caused by:
- Defects in the road, curb, or median
- Inoperable streetlights
- Faulty traffic signal
However, before you can file a lawsuit, you must first file a notice of claim with the appropriate government agency within six months of the date of loss. Finally, you may also have a product liability claim against the distributor or manufacturer if the crash was caused by a mechanical defect.
Regardless of what caused your crash, you need to have an experienced and knowledgeable Riverside auto accident attorney on your side fighting to protect your legal rights and get you the full compensation that you are entitled to.
GETTING THE COMPENSATION THAT YOU DESERVE
Another critical component of your car accident claim is determining how much compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have suffered. Our Riverside car accident attorneys may not be able to tell you exactly how much your accident claim is worth, but they will work hard to make sure you get the maximum compensation that you deserve.
The following are some common economic and non-economic damages you may be entitled to depending on the specific facts of your case:
- Current and future medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of potential earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced enjoyment of life
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
- Any out of pocket expenses related to the accident
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AFTER A RIVERSIDE CAR ACCIDENT
In order to make sure you get the full compensation that you deserve from the party or parties who caused the motor vehicle accident, you need to immediately take certain steps after the crash, such as:
- Call 911. Police reports, especially in high-impact disputed cases, will serve as critical evidence of the extent of the injuries you suffered and the facts of the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention. If you suffered serious injuries, you should be taken by ambulance from the scene of the accident to the nearest emergency room. Even if your injuries don’t seem serious or you don’t feel any immediate symptoms, you should still go to the doctors immediately after the accident as certain symptoms may not surface until later.
- Compile evidence from your accident. You should get pertinent information (including name, address, and insurance) from all parties involved in the accident. You should also take pictures of the accident scene, damage to all cars involved, and your injuries.
- Notify your insurance company. You should notify your insurance company even if you are not at fault. However, it is recommended that you hire an attorney and let your attorney report the accident to all insurance companies involved. Riverside auto accident lawyers advise clients not to communicate with any insurance companies without proper legal representation.
- Contact an experienced Riverside car accident attorney. Hiring the right attorney to represent you in your personal injury claim is very important. Without good representation, you will not get the full compensation you deserve.
Protect Your Rights with an Experienced Riverside Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a car accident that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates. Our Riverside auto accident lawyers will work hard to help hold the responsible parties accountable and obtain compensation for your pain and suffering.
With multiple offices located in Riverside, Irvine, Los Angeles, El Segundo, and San Diego, our personal injury attorneys represent auto accident victims across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary case consultation with an attorney, please call 888-848-5084.