- March 26, 2018
- In accidents
California is home to 11 major ports spanning the 1,000 miles of coast between the North Coast and San Diego County. Port of Los Angeles is one the busiest. It overtook San Francisco to become the busiest port in the U.S. Ports create busy harbors not only for industrial commerce but also for travel for cruise ships.
Cruises provide a fun mode of travel for many Americans. However, they are not always fun and games. Any vessel plying the ocean or inland waterways holds dangers for passengers. If you have been injured on a cruise ship to or from Los Angeles due to the negligence of the owner of the vessel, the operator or another party, you should consult with an experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorney.
Protecting Victims of Cruise Ship Negligence
There are various ways you can suffer injuries while traveling on a ship or pleasure boat to Los Angeles, including:
- Slips and falls caused by broken steps or stairs, defective rails, wet or slippery walkways
- Injuries suffered in recreational facilities on-board the ship, such as the pool and gym
- Injuries sustained on offshore excursions, including bicycle rides, hikes and other such activities
- Food poisoning from meals prepared on the ship
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Injuries resulting from falling objects on-board the vessel
- Medical malpractice
- Sexual asasult
Important Things To Consider After a Cruise Ship Injury
Cruise ship accidents are not like usual slip and fall or premises liability cases. Since the injuries take place at sea, there are different factors to consider when it comes to filing an injury claim.
If you have been injured in a cruise ship accident, you should consider the following:
- Your ticket is important. Your ticket is considered a contract with the cruise operator. It contains details about any potential claims you may have.
- Cruise ships considered “common carriers.” This means that cruise ships must adhere to strict standards of safety.
- Maritime law applies.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been injured on a cruise ship during your visit to Los Angeles, the LA cruise ship injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will fight to get you the justice you need and deserve. We have the experience to successfully pursue cruise ship accident claims on behalf of Los Angeles residents and domestic and international travelers. We have the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case and help you get the outcome that you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at 949-449-2703.