- March 14, 2014
- In orange County Personal Injury
If you or a loved one was injured or died as a result of medical negligence, the healthcare professional may be held liable for medical malpractice if their conduct fell below the accepted standard of care under similar circumstances. To ensure that you get the full compensation that you deserve and to hold the right parties liable for their actions, you should consult an experienced medical malpractice attorney.
Proving a Medical Malpractice Claim
In order to prove a medical malpractice claim, your attorney will need to prove that the medical professional’s conduct breached the standard of care, and that the breach ultimately caused injury or resulted in death. In most cases, it may be necessary to hire an expert who specializes in the relevant field of medicine to prove these elements.
What Are the Common Types of Medical Negligence?
Some of the common types of medical negligence that may result in a medical malpractice claim include:
– Failure to diagnose a medical condition
– Failure to properly treat a medical condition
– Failure to prescribe the proper medication or the proper dosage of medication
– Failure to order appropriate medical tests
– Failure to refer a case to a specialist
– Performance of unnecessary surgical procedures
– Performing surgery on the wrong party of the body
– Leaving a foreign object in the body during a surgical procedure
– Excessive exposure to radiation
– Negligence during delivery
– Birth injuries
– Failure to monitor a medical condition
– Anesthesia negligence
– Failure to provide a patient with informed consent
Regardless of the type of medical negligence that caused your injury, you should consult an experienced medical malpractice attorney as you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Call Us Today
For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles medical malpractice attorney, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5048.
April 14, 2021
April 6, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 18, 2021