- April 15, 2020
- In auto Accidents
Even if the case does not settle, the law stipulates that out-of-pocket expenses are the responsibility of the client. This is because it is not economically feasible for law firms to pay for all the costs specifically associated with a case without the assurance that they will receive attorney fees. Your lawyer might ask you to assist in certain costs as they are incurred. Costs related to your case for which you might be responsible include:
- Reports that have been produced by experts other than physicians. In certain circumstances, such reports could be required to increase the chances of success.
- Legal filing fees. If you are unable to settle, filing a lawsuit is the next step and incurs a set cost.
- Photograph printing or editing. Obtaining, enlarging, and printing photographs can be costly, but visual evidence is very important in many injury cases.
- Medical reports. Doctors and hospitals charge a fee to obtain copies of these. Costs for a medical report depend on the type of report. Usually, if the record is just a copy of an existing document, the costs will be low, but if the report must be specifically written or prepared for your case, it can cost $100 or more.
- Photocopy costs. There is a lot of paperwork involved with preparing a personal injury case: police reports, witness statements, medical reports, medical bills, lost income information, and any other type of evidence. On top of that, insurance companies often require many copies of the entire paper trail. Copies are commonly charged at a flat rate per page.
An experienced Orange County auto accident attorney can determine exactly which paperwork is necessary to win your case. To schedule a free consultation with Samer Habbas, please call (888) 848-5084.
March 4, 2021
March 2, 2021
February 26, 2021
February 24, 2021
February 17, 2021