- May 5, 2016
- In motorcycle Accident
Even if you are the most cautious motorcyclist, it is inevident that you will eventually get into an accident at some point in your life. Motorcycle accidents can be tragic, costly and result in serious injury and disability. What you do immediately after a motorcycle collision can significantly influence how the event will impact both your life and the lives of your loved ones. This article guides you in the actions that you need to take if you have been or ever get involved in a motorcycle accident.
- Move to an area of safety as soon as possible. The most important and immediate thing you need to do after a motorcycle accident is to remove yourself from harm’s way. You need to get off the roadway and out of traffic as soon as possible. It is important that you distance yourself from anything that may result in additional harm, such as:
- Leaking gasoline from other vehicles involved in the accident
- Another vehicle or structure that has caught on fire
- Damaged structures that could collapse
- Cliff or drop-off zones in the roadside
- Check for injuries. If you or anyone else involved in the accident was injured or harmed, you need to immediately call 9-1-1. It is uncommon for victims of motorcycle accidents to walk away uninjured and some injuries may not readily be identifiable. As such, it is imperative to seek immediate medical attention following a collision.
- Collect yourself and remain calm. Although this is easier said than done, it is important that you remain calm after a motorcycle accident. You should not take any additional steps or say anything that could further worsen the situation or indicate culpability.
- Report the accident to the police. This step is only necessary if emergency personnel did not respond to the scene of the accident.
- Document the scene of the accident. If you are physically able to, you should take as many pictures of the scene of the accident as possible. You should take pictures of all damaged property as well as the actual road, including skid marks.
- Obtain pertinent information from all parties to the accident, as well as any witnesses. This is important because your attorney may need to contact eyewitnesses to the accident in order to determine and/or prove fault.
- Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who specially handles motorcycle accidents.
Call an Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, or any other accident, that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, our experienced Orange County motorcycle accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.
April 14, 2021
April 6, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 18, 2021