- March 26, 2013
- In orange County Personal Injury
Pursing personal injury claims that involve emotional and mental injuries and damages involves a long and complicated process. Litigating such claims opens the door for the defense counsel to pry into your personal life, which can be a painful process. Your Orange County personal injury lawyer will inform you with a detailed list of the consequences if you decide to litigate such a case.
In determining whether litigating a personal injury claim involving emotional and mental injuries will wreak havoc on your life, your lawyer will need to look at the details of your case. If any one of the following factors apply to your case, you may be susceptible to attack by the defense counsel:
- No evidence that your mental injury existed prior to hiring an Orange County personal injury lawyer
- Allegation of the mental injury destroying your marriage, even though your marriage was troubled prior to the incident
- You are in the mental health field and appear psychologically sophisticated
- Long period of gap between your accident and treatment for your mental injuries
- You have a history of being fired by various employers
- You are claiming sexual abuse or harassment but the defendant denies any sexual conduct
- Evidence of a lifetime of mental issues with or without history of treatment
- Evidence of overreaction to minor issues
- You are a serial litigator
- Evidence of psychological dysfunction in all aspects of your life
- You have a background of legal issues
- Your credibility may be called into issue
- There are no other physical injuries besides the mental and emotional injuries.
If you or a loved one was involved in an accident which resulted in mental or emotional injuries, you need to contact an Orange County personal injury lawyer immediately. At the Law Offices of Samer Habbas, we will review the details of your case to determine what the best course of action is for you.
For a free consultation, call us at 888-848-5084.
December 30, 2020
December 24, 2020
November 24, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 12, 2020