Fourth of July: Commute with Caution
On July 4 of this year, America will blow out 243 birthday candles to commemorate the Declaration of Independence. On this patriotic day, people will usually get together with close friends and family; spending their day-off eating, drinking and watching the celebratory fireworks. However, the “Fourth of July” is labeled as the most deadliest day on the road, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association.
A few Fourth of July statistics:
- Fourth of July is America’s Top Beer-Drinking Holiday
- Approximately over $1 billion was spent on beer, for July 4 in 2018.
- Estimated over $568 million was spent on wine, for July 4 in 2018.
- Predicted over 47 million people will travel over 50 miles for the Fourth of July weekend.
- 85 percent of travelers will drive to their destination.
- Approximately 601 people are killed in a car accident on July 4, each year.
- In 2017, 237 people died in an auto accident involving a driver with a BAC of .08+.
- The busiest travel day will be July 3. It is estimated that 39.7 million Americans will travel by car.
Travel Safety Tips
If you are planning on traveling during Fourth of July weekend, here are some ways you can have a fun and safe Independence Day.
- Make sure you and all other vehicle passengers are wearing a seat-belt.
- Do not get behind the wheel if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not get into a vehicle with a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Utilize available ride sharing services in your area.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road: try and make note of the vehicle’s make, model, color, and license plate; pull over or distance yourself from the vehicle, and safely call 911 to report a drunk driver.
Call an Auto Accident Attorney!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by a negligent party, you may be entitled to compensation. To ensure you get the full money damages you deserve, you need to consult with and hire an accident attorney.
With over a decade of experience in helping personal injury victims, the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates use their extensive knowledge to serve the best interests of their clients. With a main office in Irvine, California and satellite offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino and Riverside, the law firm has obtained results for their clients that go beyond expectations; achieving over $125 million in cases thus far.
To schedule a FREE consultation about a potential case, call 949-727-9300.