- June 8, 2018
- In auto Accidents
Buses are becoming an increasingly convenient mode of transportation for most of us. We can sit on a bus and enjoy a book, while we wait to arrive at our destination. The size of a bus also makes it a safer mode of transportation when involved in an accident.
Even so, if an accident occurs while you are on a bus, it can result in injuries. And when you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation. Taking the right steps after a bus accident is important if you want to get fully compensated for your resulting injuries.
Important Steps to Take After a Bus Accident
Bus accidents can result in serious injuries to victims that require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. Depending on the facts of your bus accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Below are important steps you should follow in order to help protect your legal rights and recover the compensation you deserve:
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if your injuries do not seem to be serious.
- Take pictures of the scene of that accident, if you are able to do so.
- Get the name of the bus driver and the name of the particular bus line you were using at the time of the accident.
- Get the contact information for any other parties involved in the accident
- Contact an Orange County bus accident attorney who has experience in handling bus accident cases.
Different Kinds of Compensation For Your Injuries
Depending on the extent of the injuries you suffered in the bus accident, you may be entitled to different types of compensation. Some common types of bus accident compensation include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Life care expenses
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
Be Aware of Statute of Limitations!
Most buses used for public transportation belong to public or government agencies. This is important because any personal injury claims involving government agencies have a shorter time span during which you can file your claim. In most cases, you have only six months from the date of the accident to file a claim with the government agency. If you fail to file a claim within this time frame, you may be forever barred from bringing your claim.
Call Us Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents. Our experienced Orange County bus accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.