- October 30, 2017
- In car Accident
When you’re seriously injured in a car accident, the last thing you may want to think about is dealing with the insurance companies. All you want, and should concentrate on, is your injuries. However, as important as your health may be, it is also important to protect your legal rights. If your injuries are caused by the negligent actions of another driver, that party should be held accountable. With the help of an experienced Orange County car accident attorney you can get the full extent of the compensation that you deserve.
Now the question becomes when it is necessary to hire an attorney. Below is help in determining whether or not a car accident lawyer is necessary.
Do I Need an Attorney?
The simplest, most clear-cut car accidents that do not involve serious injuries may not require the help of an attorney. The simplicity test lies in three things: 1) clarity of liability, 2) whether you have suffered injuries, and 3) whether there are extenuating circumstances requiring investigation. You may not be able to answer things right away. This is why many accident claimants start by handling their own cases, only to hire an attorney later.
If any of the factors below apply to your case, it is prudent to at least seek the advice of an accident attorney:
- Liability is not clear
- You don’t have any idea how to handle your car accident claim
- Insurance adjuster is asking for medical records from prior accidents
- The adjuster is only making an offer to cover your medical bills
- The adjuster is offering a structured settlement rather than a lump sum payment
- You are not confident in your ability to negotiate a settlement on your own behalf
- You have a loss of wage claim that is difficult to prove
However, it is imperative that you immediately hire a car accident attorney in Orange County if:
- The insurance company has denied your claim and you believe they are incorrect in their denial
- The adjuster has made a low ball offer
- You suffered serious injuries and incurred significant medical bills
- The injured party is a minor with more than slight injuries
- The circumstances surrounding the accident are complex and may require investigation
Call an Orange County Car Accident Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a car accident that was caused by the negligent actions of another party, our experienced Orange County car accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.