- August 27, 2015
- In medical Malpractice
Hospital records show that approximately 200,000 deaths are recorded each year due to medical accidents. This shocking statistic validates the importance of filing a medical malpractice claim if you or a loved one has been injured or has died due to the negligent actions of a medical provider.
Hiring the right medical malpractice lawyer to represent you when you or a loved one has been injured or died due to an avoidable medical mistake is critical in protecting your legal rights and obtaining the full compensation that you are entitled to. In making this important decision, it is important to keep the following tips in mind.
Experience is one of the key factors in making a decision as to which attorney you should hire, especially when it comes to medical malpractice cases. Medical malpractice cases involve intricate subject matters, deadlines, rules and laws. As such, the more experience the attorney has, the more likely that you will reach a better outcome. You should consider asking the following questions:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Do you have experience handling medical malpractice cases?
- Do you specialize only in medical malpractice cases, or do you work in other areas of the law as well?
- Have you ever handled a case with similar fact patterns?
An attorney’s track and success record will most likely reflect how he or she will handle your case and what type of result you will get if you hire the attorney. Some questions you should consider asking are:
- What was the result of your most recent case that you handled?
- Have you or your firm ever taken a case to trial? If so, what was the outcome?
- Have you or your firm won a sizable award for your clients?
Medical malpractice cases can be very expensive to handle and litigate. Additionally, it can consume a considerable amount of the attorney’s time. To determine whether the potential medical malpractice attorney has the resources to successfully handle your case, consider asking:
- How many other people work at your firm?
- Do you have access to expert witnesses and medical investigations to handle cases similar to my fact pattern?
The answers to these important questions can give you a good idea of whether the attorney you are interviewing is the right choice for you and whether he or she has the experience, track record, and resources to bring your case to a successful resolution. Without hiring the right attorney, you may not get the full compensation and justice that you are entitled to for the injuries you suffered as a result of the medical negligence of your treating physician.
Consult with a Medical Malpractice Attorney in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the avoidable medical mistake of a healthcare professional, you may be entitled to financial compensation. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888.848.5084.