Although the number of motorcyclists killed in crashes dropped to 5,172 in 2017, a 3 percent decrease, motorcyclists are still over-represented in traffic fatalities. The truth of the matter is that motorcyclists do not have the same benefits of safety features as other motor vehicles during a collision.
Although you may take every precaution to avoid getting into a crash while riding your motorcycle, unfortunately it is very likely that you will be involved in an accident at one point in time. It is best to be prepared as to what steps you should take in the event of a motorcycle collision.
Five Things You Should Do After a Motorcycle Accident
It is normal to find yourself in an altered emotional state immediately after a motorcycle accident. Although hard, it is important to gather your thoughts, remain calm and make sense of what just happened. For the best chance at claiming damages and proving your innocence, you should take the following five steps after the crash:
- Check yourself and others for injury. The first thing you should do after a motorcycle accident is to check yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is hurt, immediately call 911.
- Take photos of the scene of accident. After making sure the scene is safe, you should take pictures from a variety of angles. Document the bike, other vehicles involved, and the surrounding environment.
- Move your motorcycle off the road. After taking photographs of where your motorcycle came to rest after the accident, you should try to move it off the road. Failing to do so can be hazardous to oncoming traffic. However, if you believe it is not safe to move your motorcycle, you should not do so. Never place yourself in more harm.
- Gather information. If you did not need to call 911, you should call the local police department to come to the scene of accident and prepare a report. You should also get information of any witnesses, passengers and other drivers if they refuse to wait for the police to arrive.
- Contact an experienced Orange County motorcycle accident attorney. Motorcycle accidents can be complicated, especially when it comes to proving fault. To ensure you get the full compensation that you deserve, it is best to immediately consult with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to protect your legal rights.
Call an Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a serious motorcycle accident caused by another negligent motorist, you deserve justice and you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and more. Call us at 949-727-9300 to schedule a FREE, complimentary consultation with one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys.
June 28, 2022
June 27, 2022
June 24, 2022
June 23, 2022
June 21, 2022