- November 27, 2013
- In abuse/neglect Attorney
Proving a complaint against a nursing home is not an easy task. You need to hire an experienced Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorney who can successfully bring forth all evidence of suffering against the victim that resulted from the nursing home’s negligent or abusive conduct.
Additionally, your attorney should provide as much evidence and information as possible regarding the specific types of damages you suffered, including:
- All necessary and reasonable medical expenses incurred as a result of the abuse.
- All anticipated future medical expenses associated with the injuries sustained as a result of the abuse or negligent conduct.
- Injuries sustained from conditions caused by the prolonged immobilization.
- Emotional injuries, including pain and suffering, resulting from the abuse or negligent conduct.
- Past and future loss of enjoyment of life.
- Disfigurement, such as scars, loss of hair or any other injury to the victim’s appearance.
- Shortened life expectancy.
- Any other physical, emotional or mental pain resulting from the nursing home abuse or negligent conduct.
In certain cases, your Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorney may also be able to argue for punitive damages. These types of damages are generally awarded in cases where it can be proven that a nursing home engaged in reckless or egregious conduct. Your attorney may also argue that you or your loved one who was a victim of the nursing home abuse was deprived of statutory rights due to the abuse or the negligent conduct.
We Can Help
If you or someone you know was the victim of nursing home abuse or negligent conduct, you should contact a Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorney as you have rights and may be entitled to money damages.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorneys, please contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.
Tags : nursing Home Abuse