- November 29, 2013
- In abuse/neglect Attorney
The decision to entrust the care of an elderly loved one to a nursing home facility is not an easy one to make. However, in certain situations, this decision is necessary for both you and the health of your loved one.
If you have made the decision to place an elderly loved one in a nursing home, you need to make sure you choose a facility that best meets both your goals and those of your loved one. Below is a checklist that will help you make the right decision in finding the best nursing care facility.
While you visit or research each nursing home, keep the following questions in mind:
- Is the facility certified by Medicare or Medicaid?
- Is the facility currently accepting new residents?
- If not, is there a waiting list and if so, how long is the list?
- Is the facility licensed by the State of California?
- Is the administrator of the nursing home facility licensed?
- Does the facility conduct a background of its employees before hiring?
- Does the facility provide abuse-prevention training?
- What is the interaction between the current residents and the staff like?
- What is the overall attitude of the current residents?
- Have any complaints been filed against the nursing home facility?
- What activities does the facility provide its residents?
- How easy is it for friends and family to visit the residents?
- Is the facility clean? Does it smell?
- What is the hygiene of the residents?
These are only some of the factors you should consider when making your decision. For a more complete list, you can contact our Los Angeles nursing home attorneys.
We Can Help
If you have decided that it is in the best interest of an elderly loved one to admit them to a nursing home facility, you should make this decision very carefully and wisely. For more guidance as how to choose the best facility for your loved one, our Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorneys can provide you assistance and useful information. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorneys, please contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.
Tags : nursing Home Abuse
September 29, 2020
September 24, 2020
September 22, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 15, 2020