This is probably the question that Orange County medical malpractice lawyers hear the most, but it is also probably the hardest to answer. It is often impossible to predict the value of a medical malpractice case in the early stages because the full extent and the duration of your injuries is unknown.While an Orange Count medical malpractice lawyer probably won’t be able to put a specific dollar value on your case, there are several factors that will likely help determine your case value. Some of the more common ones are:
– The amount of your medical bills, and how they were incurred (treatment, physical therapy, hospital visits, prescriptions, diagnostic tests).
– Income that was lost as a result of your Orange County medical malpractice injury (including lost pay, sick days, and loss of insurance benefits if you were fired from your job).
– How your injury has affected your daily life outside of work (social activities, household responsibilities).
– Whether your injuries are permanent, including disfiguration because of scars or blemishes.
– How much pain, suffering, and inconvenience you suffered as a result of your injuries.
– Loss of consortium (whether your injury affected your marriage).
These are not the only factors that are considered, and an Orange County medical malpractice lawyer will be able to give you a more thorough analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of your case. Please contact Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084 for a free evaluation of your case.