What Your Orange County Personal Injury Lawyer Will Tell You at the First Meeting
At your first meeting with your Orange County personal injury lawyer, you will be advised to:
(1) See a treating doctor for your pain. It’s better for you to pick your own doctor instead of waiting for your attorney to refer you to one.
(2)Seek advice from your doctor about staying out of work for the time being if your injury is causing you substantial pain or discomfort.
(3) Take pictures of the car that was involved in the accident, the place where you were injured, or the item that caused your injury.
(4) If your have car damage, get a damage appraisal right after you take photos.
(5) Compile a list of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses to the incident.
(6) Refrain from talking about your case with anyone. Don’t give any statements to the insurance company.
(7) If the insurance company calls you, note the name of the insurance claims adjuster and the phone number. Tell the adjuster that you’re going to get a lawyer and that your lawyer will contact the adjuster.
(8) Collect all documents related to your personal injury case. This includes medical bills, your prescriptions, doctors’ instructions, and accident reports that have been filed.
(9) If it’s possible, get a copy of the police report.
(10) Don’t be afraid to call your lawyer with questions prior to the first meeting.
(11) Try to fully recover from your injury. This should be your number one focus. Let your Orange County personal injury lawyer worry about the legal details.
Meet with your attorney as soon as possible. You do not want to lose any time with your personal injury case.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, experienced Orange County personal injury lawyer Samer Habbas may be able to help you with your personal injury claim. For a free initial consultation, simply fill out the form on the upper right-hand corner of this page.