- June 13, 2013
- In orange County Personal Injury
If you were injured in an accident and filed a lawsuit against the negligent party or their insurance carrier, chances are that you will need to attend a medical examination conducted by a doctor chosen and paid for by the defense. The defense does not schedule this examination out of concern for your health and safety.
Rather, the goal of this exam is to determine the extent of your injuries and gather as much facts as possible. Therefore, it is only reasonable for you to first consult with a Los Angeles personal injury attorney who can help you go into the examination with a certain amount of preparation and care.
Below are some guidelines you should follow in preparing for your medical examination:
- Do not take it personally. This is a routine procedure for insurance companies in personal injury cases, the results of which are extremely important to the outcome of your case. You have not been singled out as to the truthfulness of your alleged injuries. Do not appear defensive or hostile.
- Be prepared. Arrive to your appointment on time. Take a list of all of the physicians you have visited in relation to the injuries you suffered. Also have a comprehensive list of all of the medication and dosages you have been prescribed for your injuries.
- Answer the questions truthfully. A truthful answer is the most effective response to any question. Never fake or exaggerate the extent of your injuries or symptoms.
- Consult with your attorney after your exam. Your Los Angeles personal injury attorney will be interested in knowing just what went on at your medical examination. If you are unable to talk to your attorney immediately after your exam, jot down as much as you can remember about what the doctor said, what you answered, and what the doctor did.
We Can Help
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, you should consult with a Los Angeles personal injury attorney, especially if you have been requested to attend a medical examination. At the Law Offices of Samer Habbas, we are dedicated to helping our clients get the maximum compensation they deserve.
Call (888) 848-5084 to schedule a complimentary consultation with Los Angeles personal injury attorney Samer Habbas today.
June 28, 2022
June 27, 2022
June 24, 2022
June 23, 2022
June 21, 2022