5 Tips To Consider For Safe Bicycling This Summer
The warmer months of summer also mean you can enjoy more outdoor activities, such as riding a bicycle. Riding a bicycle is not only a fun pastime and great exercise, but it can also be an effective mode of transportation. However, bicycle commutes can be dangerous, frustrating and/or obstacle-ridden. This article provides you with some tips to help avoid amateur errors and enhance your bike riding experience.
Important Bicycle Tips To Remember
Below are five important tips you should consider before enjoying a bike ride:
- Buy the right bike: You have a lot of different options when it comes to buying a bicycle. You can buy a hybrid, touring or a road bike. If you are more interested in combining your transit and bicycling commute, you may need a multimodal bicycle, such as ones that fold. It is best to do your research and determine what type of bicycle best suits your needs.
- Organize your belongings before riding: Before getting on your bike, you should pack your belongings in a safe manner that will not interfere with a safe ride. It is best to either store your stuff in a basket attached to your bike or put them in a backpack.
- Use safety gear: Bicycles, unlike cars, do not have safety features, such as airbags and seatbelts, to protect you in an accident. This makes it very important to use safety gear, such as a properly fitted helmet, while riding your bike.
- Use technology to your advantage: You can download applications on your cell phone that provide safe bike routes, among other helpful features.
- Follow rules of the road: When you ride your bike, you are expected to follow the rules of the road the same way motorists do. These rules are designed for the safety and well being of all people who are on the road – regardless of whether they are riding in cars or on bicycles.
Even if you follow these safety tips, you may still get injured in an accident. In such cases, it is best to hire an experienced attorney to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a bicycle accident, or any other accident, that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, our experienced Los Angeles bicycle accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.