- February 8, 2019
- In medical Malpractice
Prescription drugs are supposed to help you when you are not well. Unfortunately, if prescription drugs are erroneously prescribed or filled at a pharmacy, it can cause more harm than good. Prescription drug error happens more often than people realize. In some cases, these errors happen as a result of a doctor who failed to properly write the prescription. It could also be the result of a pharmacists who improperly filled the prescription.
If the error happened as a result of someone else’s mistake or error and caused you injury, you may be entitled to compensation. These cases can be complicated and require the assistance of an experienced Los Angeles medical malpractice attorney.
Types and Causes of Prescription Errors
Prescription drug errors can happen in countless ways. Prescription medication errors occur in:
• Deciding which medicine and dosage regimen to use: Prescribing faults – irrational, inappropriate, and ineffective prescribing, under prescribing, overprescribing
• Manufacturing the formulation: Wrong strength, contaminants or adulterants, wrong or misleading packaging
• Dispensing the formulation: Wrong drug, wrong formulation, wrong label
• Administering or taking the medicine: wrong dose, wrong route, wrong frequency, wrong duration
• Monitoring therapy: Failing to alter therapy when required, erroneous alteration
Although prescription medication errors don’t happen all the time, when they do occur, they can be serious. Sadly, many of these errors can be avoided if medical professionals pay closer attention to their tasks. For victims who have physically, financially or emotionally suffered as a result of the many causes of medication errors, it is possible to hold the negligent medical workers accountable and seek monetary compensation.
Potentially Liable Parties in Medication Error Claims
A number of different parties could be held liable in prescription error cases depending on the specific facts of how it happened. Individuals who may be held accountable for causing harm in medication error cases include:
• The pharmacist or pharmacy staff members who filled the wrong prescription (and, by association, the pharmacy itself)
• The doctor who prescribed the wrong medication or failed to warn the patient about potentially hazardous side effects
• Suppliers or manufacturers who allow faulty or harmful drugs into the market
If your Los Angeles medication error attorney can prove someone is liable for a harmful medication error, you may be entitled to:
• Past and future medical expenses
• Loss of wages
• Loss of earning capacity
• Pain and suffering
• Emotional and mental trauma
• Loss of consortium
• Out of pocket expenses related to the incident
Consult with a Los Angeles Medication Error Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of prescription medication error, you may be entitled to compensation. To ensure you get the full money damages you deserve, you need to consult with an experienced Los Angeles medical malpractice attorney.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an LA prescription error lawyer, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.
February 24, 2021
February 17, 2021
February 5, 2021
February 4, 2021
December 30, 2020