- November 22, 2016
- In orange County Personal Injury
You were involved in an accident. You were seriously injured. It has impacted all parts of your life, including your finances. Your main focus should be to make an accident claim against the negligent party to recoup your damages. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as it may sound. Often, accidents involve a variety of factors that make it hard to calculate exactly how much you can recover.
Different Types of Damages In an Accident Claim
If you have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to a number of different types of damages. Our experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorneys will look at the facts of your case to help you obtain maximum damages.
Below is a list of common damages if you are making an accident claim:
- Car and property damage: A reputable and reliable body shop can provide you with a an estimate of the damages to your vehicle. If your car was totaled, you need to check the retail value in the Kelly Blue Book. You may also be able to get compensation for certain items inside your car or on your property that were damaged in the accident.
- Injuries and medical bills: If you were injured in an accident, you will no doubt incur medical bills. You need to determine the total cost of your past medical bills. You should also determine whether you need any future medical treatment and how much it may cost. You are entitled to both past and future medical bills.
- Lost wages and income: If the accident prevented you from going to work, you may be entitled to a loss of income claim. You will need to total up the hours and days you missed. You need to also calculate how much income you lost during the time you were unable to work.
- Other out of pocket expenses: You may also be entitled to any other costs you incurred as a result of the accident. You will need to keep the receipt to prove these out of pocket expenses as part of your claim.
An experienced attorney can help you calculate the most accurate claim for damages.
Call a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Today!
The Los Angeles personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas are dedicated to helping our injured clients get the best settlement.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice. You may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and more. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with one of our experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorneys today.