10 Important Questions To Ask When Hiring a Car Accident Attorney
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 5.5 million car accidents are reported each year in the United States, causing 3 more than 3 million injuries. Given this shocking statistics, it makes it nearly impossible for you to avoid getting into an accident at least once in your life time, if not more.
Even if you know an accident is bound to happen, you can never be fully prepared and remember what to do to protect your legal rights in the event of an accident. In fact, most car accident victims are caught off guard. However, if there is one thing you need to remember, it is to immediately consult with an experienced attorney.
How Do I Choose a Good Accident Attorney?
You were injured in an accident caused by another party. You know you have to hire an attorney or at least meet with one before speaking with the responsible party or their insurance carrier. However, you don’t know how to go about this important step of hiring legal counsel to successfully and aggressively handle your claim to ensure that you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Selecting a qualifying car accident attorney can be a complicated and confusing experience, especially if it is the first you were involved in an accident or have suffered serious injuries. There are many lawyers that handle personal injury claims, such as car accidents, but it is important that you hire the best lawyer who is right for you and the specific facts of your case. This article discusses ten key questions you can ask potential attorney candidate to help you make the right decision.
Questions To Ask a Car Accident Attorney
Below are ten important questions you should consider asking a potential attorney during your consultation:
- What area of law do you practice?
- Have successfully handled a car accident case similar to mine and if so, how many?
- How many car accident cases have you taken to trial and what were the results?
- How long does it usually take for a case like mine to come to resolution?
- Who will be in direct communication with me through the course of my case – you or your paralegals and staff
- How many car accident cases are you currently handling and will you have the time to dedicate to my case?
- If I decide not to take the insurance company’s offer, will you be the attorney taking my case to trial?
- Do you have references from past clients?
- What is your success rate, both pre-litigation and litigation?
- What is your contingency fee?
Consult with a Car Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless act of a third party, you may be entitled to financial compensation. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888.848.5084.