Orange County Auto Accident Attorney
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are more than six million car accidents each year in the United States. California is a major contributor to this statistic. Owning a car is a must if you want to get around the state. This necessity places California drivers at a greater risk for car accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need to hire an experienced Orange County auto accident attorney to handle your case to get you the full extent of the compensation that you deserve.
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates are dedicated to protecting your legal rights and helping you get the compensation you are entitled to. With multiple offices located in Irvine, Los Angeles, El Segundo, San Diego and Riverside, our lawyers represent auto accident victims across Southern California. To schedule a free consultation with one of our accident attorneys, call 949-727-9300.
Car accident lawyer Irvine Helping You Get Justice
The auto accident attorney Irvine CA at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas work hard to hold negligent and reckless drivers accountable and to assist the injured victims obtain the compensation that they deserve. Our legal staff has the experience to build a strong case for our car accident victims.
Our Irvine auto accident attorney will ease any concerns that you may have and guide you through the complicated claims process. We will promptly address your concerns, aggressively fight your claim, and work hard to maximize the financial compensation that you and your family are entitled to. Our goal is to provide you with the personal service and utmost integrity that you deserve.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Most motor vehicle collisions are caused by human error. Although most accidents are minor, tens of thousands of lives are lost each year in fatal car crashes. It is important to drive carefully and follow all the traffic laws in order to avoid being involved in a crash. The most common causes of car accidents are:
- Talking on a cell phone.
- Texting while driving.
- Driver fatigue.
- Adjusting the radio, iPod or CD player.
- Dealing with children or other passengers.
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances.
- Aggressive driving.
- Inclement weather.
- Poor road conditions.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Regardless of what caused your accident, if it was caused by the negligence of another party, you deserve justice. With the help of an experienced and aggressive Orange County auto accident lawyer, you can hold the at-fault party liable and get full compensation for your resulting injuries.
The extent and type of your injuries can differ depending on the severity of the accident. Below are some common types of injuries generally suffered by car accident victims:
- Open and closed head injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury and concussion.
- Broken bones.
- Lacerations, cuts and bruises.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Internal bleeding.
- Damage to internal organs.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Nerve damage.
It is important to note that symptoms of certain injuries may not surface until days or even weeks after the incident. As such, it is important to immediately seek medical attention after your accident, even if you don’t suffer any visible injuries. Our legal team can help set you up with a physician in your immediate area, even if you do not have health insurance.
Types of Compensation Available to Auto Accident Victims
In an auto accident case, if you have suffered an injury, property damage or any other type of loss, you may be entitled to monetary compensation from whoever caused or contributed to those losses. The legal term for this kind of compensation is “damages.”
There are many types of compensatory damages, but broadly speaking, they are categorized into general or special damages.
- Special Damages: Special damages compensate for monetary expenses that you have incurred because of an injury. This type of damage is unique to each individual accident victim and is designed to make the victim whole for expenses incurred or for money lost due to the crash that caused the injuries. Some common types of special damages include:
- loss of earnings
- loss of future earnings
- medical bills
- cost of future medical care
- household expenses, and
- costs associated with cancelled trips or altered plans
- General Damages: General damages compensate for damages incurred in an injury claim that cannot be measured by bills, receipts or invoices. The most common types of general damages include:
- pain and suffering
- mental anguish, and
- loss of consortium or companionship
- Wrongful Death: If you lost a family member in a car accident, you and your loved ones may also be entitled to wrongful death damages. Some common types of wrongful death damages include funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial contribution, and loss of services and support.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are also awarded in a relatively small number of cases. This type of damage is not tied to the type of harm you have suffered as an accident victim. Instead, it is awarded to punish the party at fault for certain types of egregious behavior, such as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Frequently Asked Auto Accident Questions
- What should I do after an accident? — There are a few crucial steps you need to take immediately following an accident. First, check for injuries. Even if you have no visible damage or feel any pain, visit a doctor for a thorough examination. Second, call 911 to report the accident to the police. Next, take as many photographs as possible then exchange information with all parties involved in the collision. (Read more.)
- Do I have a case for my car accident? — In order for you to properly evaluate your case, you need to focus on the three main components of any accident claim: liability, coverage and damages. (Read more.)
- Liability — Determining liability is important because once it is established, the at-fault party is responsible for paying the injured party the compensation they are entitled to.
- Coverage — The outcome of your personal injury case could hinge on whether the liable party has sufficient insurance coverage.
- Damages — The purpose of compensation is to financially help the plaintiff heal from the “damages” they suffered as a result of the accident.
- Who pays for my medical bills? — If you are involved in a serious auto accident, chances are that you may need extensive medical care for your injuries. Unfortunately, medical bills for your treatments can quickly add up to a significant amount. However, there may be other insurance options available that can help you pay your medical bills.
- Liability insurance of the party who caused the accident
- Medical Payment (MedPay) coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage
- Health insurance
- Why do I need a police report? — Police reports generally provide important information surrounding the accident. They include details about the parties involved in the accident, as well the information and statements of any witnesses to the collision. These details are valuable in determining fault and can aid in reconstructing your accident claim. (Read more.)
Contact the Best Rated Orange County Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident caused by the negligence of another party, you should discuss your legal options with an expert accident attorney. The Irvine auto accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates specializes in handling car accident cases and has the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses and any other costs associated with your accident. They will aggressively pursue your claim to ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries. With multiple offices located in Irvine, Los Angeles, El Segundo, San Diego, and Riverside, our personal injury lawyer Irvine represents auto accident victims across Southern California.
For more information or to schedule a FREE consultation with one of the attorneys, call 949-727-9300.