It should be no surprise that driving a motorcycle is a dangerous activity. Without the large, protective shield that a car provides, motorcyclists are vulnerable and can suffer serious or deadly injuries even from a seemingly minor accident.
Deadly Motorcycle Accidents
Below are five common types of motorcycle accidents that often result in serious or fatal injuries:
- Head-on Motorcycle Crashes – In 78% of fatal motorcycle accidents, the car hits the motorcycle head on from the front. The reason this is so damaging is that the force of impact is extremely great when two vehicles collide head on, both moving forward at considerable speed. Motorcyclists are generally flung from their bike in a violent manner that may kill them.
- Lane Splitting – In heavy traffic (or if they are simply speeding), many motorcyclists often go in between lanes to pass cars. Since motorists often don’t expect lane splitting and often fail to see motorcycles in their blind spot, an untimely lane switch can cause a fatal motorcycle accident.
- Single Bike Incidents – Motorcyclists are highly susceptible to hazards on the road, such as fallen tree branches or potholes. These hazardous road conditions can prove deadly for motorcyclists.
- Driving Under the Influence – Drunk driving is another major cause of fatal motorcycle accidents. Riding under the influence of alcohol can cause motorcyclists to ignore traffic laws and drive erratically, resulting in deadly injuries.
- Left Turning Cars – A large portion of motorcycle accidents occur when a car is turning left at an intersection.
The Need for An Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you’ve been involved in any sort of accident involving a motorcycle, seeking legal counsel may be in your best interest. With the help of an experienced attorney, you are more likely to obtain the compensation that you deserve. The help of an attorney may also be invaluable if you have lost a loved in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another party’s negligence.
Contact Us Today!
For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at 1-888-848-5048.
November 27, 2023
November 24, 2023
November 21, 2023
November 20, 2023
November 17, 2023