When you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to an individual, business, corporation, or government entity’s negligence, you or your loved one may be eligible to receive compensation under California personal injury law.
California personal injury laws are covered under a wide umbrella, including various situations, from dog bites and defective products to physical assault. However, most personal injury claims call into five common categories. By understanding the five most common forms of personal injury claims, you can better prepare yourself for working with an experienced California personal injury lawyer who can help you seek compensation.
Common Personal Injury Claims in California
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice claims involve the negligence of your doctor or another healthcare professional leading to patient injury. A successful medical malpractice lawsuit proves that the medical professional failed to provide competent, reasonable care to the victim. California medical malpractice claims are complicated. Because standards of care can vary between healthcare providers and in varying medical situations, anyone injured due to the negligence of a doctor or another healthcare professional should hire a medical malpractice attorney to handle their claim.
- Product Liability: California’s product liability laws hold product manufacturers or sellers responsible for injuries resulting from the use of defective products. Generally speaking, product liability laws maintain that products must meet a consumer’s ordinary expectations of safety. When a product is dangerous or has a defect, there is a chance that it fails to meet those standard expectations. Personal injury attorneys are best suited for sorting out product liability cases.
- Premises Liability: When it comes to California’s premises liability law, things can get somewhat complicated. In a premises liability claim, the injured party must prove that the owner of the premises, or an occupying party, is responsible for injuries due to negligence or recklessness. It can also involve variables such as whether the injured party was invited to the property, permitted to be on the property, or trespassing. Because premises liability involves so many variables, a premises liability claim can be complicated and is best handled by a personal injury lawyer.
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle accidents make up most of California’s personal injury lawsuits. Car crashes that result in personal injury usually occur when a negligent or reckless driver does not follow the rules or fails to take proper precautions when operating a motor vehicle. When you or someone you love is injured because a careless driver caused an accident, you have a right to file a personal injury claim against that driver. A car accident attorney can help you hold the driver legally and financially responsible for any injuries.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits: If someone you love died due to another party’s negligent or intentional actions, you may have the right to file a wrongful death claim. A personal injury attorney files a California wrongful death claim on behalf of the decedent’s surviving spouse, children, or other relatives that are determined to be beneficiaries of the victim’s estate.
Consult with a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
If you or someone you love has been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, your next best step is to contact an experienced personal injury attorney. A California personal injury attorney can fight for the compensation that you deserve. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Orange County personal injury attorney, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888-848-5084.
November 27, 2023
November 24, 2023
November 21, 2023
November 20, 2023
November 17, 2023