Dog Bite Lawyers Southern California
Were You Attacked by a Dog in Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside or San Bernardino? We Can Help!
Approximately 4.7 million Americans are injured as a result of dog bites and attacks each year. Children are amongst the most vulnerable groups of individuals to be seriously or fatally injured by dogs. The majority of dog bites are caused by a neighbor’s or a friend’s dog.
If you or a loved one was injured by a dog bite or attack, you should immediately consult the experienced Southern California dog bite lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas to determine whether you are entitled to monetary compensation. Our legal team will aggressively fight for the settlement that you deserve and will help you get through this difficult period.
For a Free Dog Bite Consultation, Call 888-848-5084 or Fill Out the Form to the Right >>
California Dog Bite
Under California Civil Code Section 3342
, otherwise known as the Dog Bite Statute, a dog owner is strictly liable for any injuries caused by his or her dog. This means that the dog owner does not need to have knowledge of his or her dog’s dangerous propensities. They are simply liable for the dog’s actions, even if it is the first time the dog has attacked.
Dog bites and attacks can have physical, emotional and financial impact on all aspects of your life. Our Southern California dog bite attorneys have the knowledge of the law and are prepared to fight for your legal rights.
What To Do After a Dog Bite or Attack
If you or a loved one is attacked or bitten by a dog, you need to take certain important actions to protect your legal rights. Our attorneys have outlined some of the more important steps that you need to take, including:
- Identify the dog that bit you.
- Identify the dog’s owner. Obtain the owner’s information, including name, address, and telephone number.
- Get the name, address, and telephone number of any witnesses to the attack. Generally, dog owners will deny an attack or a bite, fearing that their dog might be taken away or put to sleep. In such cases, a witness statement or testimony will be imperative in getting you the compensation that you deserve.
- Contact Animal Services Agency or Law Enforcement to file an incident report.
- Take photographs of your wounds, bruises, and clothing.
- Obtain medical treatment.
- Contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas.
To fully protect your rights, you should avoid doing the following:
- Sign any documents prepared by the dog owner, landlord of the property where the bite took place, insurance representatives, or adverse attorneys.
- Not seek medical treatment.
Contact an Experienced Southern California Dog Bite Attorney
If you or a loved one has been bitten or attacked by a dog, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. We specialize in handling dog bite injury cases. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses and any other costs related to your dog bite injury.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our Orange County dog bite attorneys, please call 1-888-848-5084. The Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping dog bite victims receive the just compensation for dog bite injuries.