Orange County Back Injury Attorney
One of the most common types of injuries in most slip and fall and motor vehicle accident is back injury. Although back injuries can differ in severity from one victim to another, almost every type will impact your life in many ways. These types of injury are generally one of the most challenging types of personal injury cases due to the many different body parts that get impacted, including ligaments, muscles, and the spinal cord
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident resulting in a back injury, you need the legal advice of an experienced attorney who can get you results. The Orange County back injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of accident victims and working hard to get the damages that they deserve after an accident.
Common types of Back Injuries
A back injury resulting from an accident can vary from a minor strain of back muscles to severe injuries leading to paralysis. Our legal team represents accident victims suffering from any type of back injury. We will aggressively fight to get you maximum compensation regardless of whether you need a few sessions of therapy or invasive, life-altering surgery.
While there are many types of back injuries, the most common types include:
- Sprains and strains. A sprain or strain of your back muscles are one of the most common types of back injuries associated with an accident, especially as a result of a fall or motor vehicle crash that forces a joint out of its normal position.
- Herniated or bulging discs. A herniated or bulging disc is caused when a traumatic accidents causes the discs in your vertebra (the rubbery cushions often described as “jelly donut”) to bulge or herniate causing the “jelly” to push through a tear in the exterior of the disc. This can result in irritating the nerves and creating painful symptoms such as numbness, tingling or weakness in the muscles.
- Fractured vertebra. In more severe accidents that involve some type of trauma to the spine, you can suffer more serious back injuries such as a fracture vertebra, also called a compression fracture (referring to a crack in the vertebra). Symptoms often include acute or chronic back pain, lost height and hunched posture.
Common Accidents Causing Back Injuries
While unexpected accidents can occur in many different ways, the most common types of accidents that can result in back injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- Sidewalk accidents
- Falls from heights
- Scooter accidents
- Workplace accidents
In order for you to receive compensation for your injury-related losses, you must prove that the negligent or reckless actions of another party caused the accident and your resulting back injuries. Negligence is often a complicated principle to prove and requires you to provide sufficient evidence to successfully win your claim.
It is important that you hire an aggressive Orange County back injury attorney who has the experience in holding all parties responsible for their negligent actions in order to get you the full compensation that you deserve. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas has the knowledge and resources to gather necessary evidence of negligence and to present in a way to successfully settle your case or prove your claim in a court of law.
Recovery in Orange County Back Injury Cases
If you suffered a back injury, or any other type of injury, in an accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, you may be entitled to the following types of monetary damages as part of your recovery, depending on the specific circumstances of your case:
- Compensation for medical and physical therapy bills
- Compensation for lost wages for time missed from work
- Compensation for past, present, and future pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Compensation for past, present, and future mental anguish and emotional distress
- Compensation for psychological or psychiatric treatment that stems from the accident
- Compensation for loss of earning capacity (where permanent back injuries are involved)
- Compensation for loss of consortium, companionship, or spousal support
- Compensation for permanent injuries and damages (including permanent back injuries)
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is compassionate about helping back injury victims and their loved ones get the just compensation they deserve. While no amount of monetary damages will undo the harm, it can help you obtain the necessary medical assistance and gain some financial stability.
Contact an Experienced Orange County Back Injury Attorney
The Irvine back injury lawyers of the Law Offices of Samer Habbas have handled and litigated thousands of cases, recovering tens of millions of dollars from all major insurance carriers. Our experienced legal team is compassionate and cares for our injured clients. We make it our personal mission to ensure that justice is served and you are fully compensated for your injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered a back injury in an accident caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. Please call us at 949-873-0755 to discuss your case with an expert Orange County back injury attorney or you can fill out our free consultation form.