blog banner

Auto AccidentA recent article published in the Paradise Post about an automobile accident that resulted in injuries for an 11-year-old boy illustrates how an auto accident can turn a beautiful California day into an ordeal. If you are involved in a car accident caused by another driver, even a fender-bender without physical injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for the damage to your vehicle.

Generally, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is reluctant to part with any more than the absolute minimum amount of money and in such cases, an accident victim may have no choice but to pursue an auto damage claim. Here are some steps on how to pursue an auto damage claim:

  • Don’t waste time. There are statutes of limitations for filing auto property damage claims so if you want to file a claim, do not delay. If you wait too long, your claim may no longer be valid.
  • File a claim in small claims court. If you’re seeking a claim of $7,500 or less, you may file an auto damage claim in small claims court. If you go this route, a lawyer cannot represent you, but you can consult with one beforehand.
  • If the claim for more than $7500 have your auto property damage lawyer represent you. If your claim exceeds $7500 (and many do), it is generally recommended that you have an experienced California auto property damage lawyer file a claim on your behalf.

If you have been involved in an auto accident and sustained vehicle damage, you may want to contact the California Personal Injury Attorneys at Law Offices of Samer Habbas and schedule a free consultation to learn more about your options regarding an auto property damage claim.

  • Free Case Evaluation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our firm is well experienced in injury matters and we understand the difficult time you are going through. We will guide you through the process and fight for you and your family to get the compensation you deserve.

Samer Habbas