Car crash injuries range from mild to fatal, with a big gap in between. While any car accident can significantly wreak havoc on the victim’s life, a deadly accident is simply devastating for the victim’s loved ones. The untimely loss of a loved one can be unbearable. And the last thing the loved ones left behind may want to think about is filing a claim against the negligent party who caused the accident. Filing a claim may not bring back your loved one, but it will bring a sense of closure and some financial stability.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
Every 12 minutes there is a fatal car crash. There are many reasons for these unfortunate tragedies, including:
- Distracted driving
- Driver impairment caused by the use of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless or negligent driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Poor roadway conditions
- Mechanical failure
Regardless of what caused the other driver to cause the accident, it is important to hold them accountable for the untimely loss of your loved one. You need to hire an experienced Los Angeles wrongful death attorney to properly handle the case.
What To Do If You Lost a Loved One In a Car Accident
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, it is important for you to take certain steps to protect your legal rights. Below are 3 steps to consider:
- Notify your insurance agent. It is important to immediately notify your auto insurance agent of the fatal accident. If your loved one was driving your car, your agent can help you get a rental car. Your insurance agent can also help you open a claim.
- Beware of the other insurance adjuster. If the fatal accident was caused by another driver, you can expect a call from the other party’s insurance adjuster. The adjuster may even call you before the burial, offering to immediately settle the claim to pay for the expenses. The adjuster’s job is to settle the claim for as little as possible. They don’t care about you or the loss of your loved one.
- Retain an experienced attorney. Hiring an attorney will ensure that your legal rights are protected. It will also allow you to concentrate on dealing with the loss of your loved one, while being confident that the legal aspects of the claim are being handled by a professional. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner you will be able to focus on the healing process.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles wrongful death Accident Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Samer Habbas, our Los Angeles car accident attorneys are experienced in handling all types of auto accidents and getting our clients the compensation that they deserve, both for their property damage and the personal injuries they have suffered from the accident. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our lawyers, please call us at 888.848.5084.