- November 10, 2015
- In accidents
Taxis can be a life saver when you need a ride but don’t have a car. However, sitting in the backseat can also feel much like a roller coaster with your life hanging on a cliff. While taking a taxi is for the most part considered fairly safe, accidents do happen. Often taxi cab accidents can be very dangerous and result in catastrophic accidents since few passengers wear safety belts while riding in a cab.
Since millions of people take taxis every day, accidents are bound to happen. When passengers are injured in an accident while riding in a taxi, it is easy to become overwhelmed and not take the necessary steps to protect your legal rights. This article discusses the common factors of taxi accidents and the steps you need to take after such an accident.
What Are the Common Causes of Taxi Cab Accidents?
There are many different factors that lead to motor vehicle accidents, especially those involving taxis and other ride sharing vehicles. In some cases, taxi cab collisions are the fault of the taxi driver, while at other times the accident is caused by other factors. Common causes include:
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Violation of traffic laws
- Fatigue driving
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Drunk driving
- Inattentive or distracted driving
Although there are laws in many states, including California, that prohibit taxi drivers from texting or using their cell phones while driving, it nevertheless still happens. Furthermore, taxi drivers who are distracted are more likely to get involved in an accident
What To Do After a Taxi Accident
The steps that you need to take after a taxi accident are not much different than being involved in a regular car accident. The only major difference is that you need to obtain the contact and insurance information for the cab driver.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a taxi cab accident, you should take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Call 911 if you or someone else needs immediate medical attention
- Obtain the pertinent information for all parties involved in the accident, especially the cab driver (including his taxi cab identification number)
- Obtain the pertinent information for any witnesses to the accident
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you have suffered serious injuries – certain symptoms of major health problems may not surface until days after an accident
- Consult with a personal injury attorney who specifically handles taxi cab accidents
Consult with a Taxi Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
If you believe that you or a loved one has been injured in a taxi cab accident that was caused by the reckless actions of another party, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced taxi cab accident attorney, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888.848.5084.
September 27, 2022
September 11, 2022
September 3, 2022
September 3, 2022
August 31, 2022