- October 2, 2015
- In accidents
Getting injured in any accident can be devastating, especially if you were injured in an accident that was caused by a drunk driver. Regardless of what the mental state of the driver was at the time of the accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
On point is the case of a passenger who was injured in a DUI accident at the intersection of Crown Valley Parkway and Sea Island Drive on August 27th. According to the Orange County Register, one vehicle ran a stop sign and hit the other. The police reported that investigators at the scene of the accident suspected the drivers of both vehicles of driving under the influence. The drivers, who were transported to the hospital for treatment of their injuries, were arrested for DUI.
The passenger of one of the drivers also sustained injuries. This passenger may be entitled to compensation from either one or both of the drivers, depending on the specific facts of the accident.
What To Do After an Accident
If you get into an accident while riding as a passenger in a car, you are entitled to compensation from the party who caused the accident. The fact that the negligent driver was under the influence of alcohol will not affect the outcome of your claim or your entitlement to collect damages.
Below are five important steps you should take if you were injured while riding as a passenger in another person’s car:
- Call 911. If the accident was severe and someone, including yourself, has been injured, you should immediately call 911. The best advice is not to move and wait for emergency personnel to attend to your injuries. You should also request for the police to prepare a report and provide you a copy.
- Obtain contact information. You should obtain pertinent information for all parties involved in the accident, even from the party whose car you were driving in. It is especially important to obtain the parties’ insurance and driver’s license information.
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses. You should also obtain the contact information for any witnesses to the accident, even if the drivers have obtained this information.
- Seek medical attention. If your injuries were not severe enough to need medical attention at the scene of the accident, you should still follow up with your own medical professional to ensure that you did not suffer any serious injuries that may not have been apparent at the time of the accident.
- Consult with a legal professional. As a passenger, you are entitled to the same legal rights as the motorist. As such, it is important that you seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney to help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Call Us Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our clients reach the best monetary settlement for pedestrian accidents. With years of experience and success, we can certainly help your case too! Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.
September 29, 2023
September 25, 2023
September 21, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 14, 2023