blog banner

When you suspect that an elderly loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home facility that you entrusted their care in, you need to take immediate action. To ensure that the legal rights of your loved one are protected, you are strongly advised to consult with an experienced Riverside nursing home abuse attorney.

Who Can File a Nursing Home Abuse Complaint

Nursing abuse attorneyAny individual or organization is encouraged to file a complaint if they truly believe that a nursing home facility is abusing or seriously neglecting a resident. In the State of California, all nursing home abuse complaints must be filed with the Licensing and Certification Division of the California Department of Public Health (DPH), the state agency that enforces nursing home laws and regulations.

A nursing home abuse complaint may be filed for a variety of reasons, including:

  • Lack of proper care
  • Violation of legal rights of the resident
  • Lack of adequate staffing
  • Unsafe conditions
  • Mistreatment or improper charges of the residents
  • Failure to readmit a resident after a hospital stay

How to File a Nursing Home Abuse Complaint

You can file a nursing home abuse complaint either orally or in writing with the DPH. If you choose to phone in the complaint, our Riverside nursing home abuse attorneys will advise you to follow up your oral complaint with a written complaint to ensure a paper trail.

Your complaint should include as much information as possible, including:

  • Your personal contact information
  • Name of the nursing home facility
  • Name of the resident the complaint is being filed on behalf of
  • Date, time and specific facts surrounding the complaint
  • Name and contact information of any witnesses to alleged incident

The more information you provide the DPH, the more credible your complaint will be and the more likely that you will be able to seek justice on behalf of the abused resident.

We Can Help

If you or someone you know was the victim of nursing home abuse, you should contact a Riverside nursing home abuse attorney to protect your legal rights. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.

Samer Habbas is a California attorney with over 18 years of experience in personal injury law. Throughout his career, he has successfully recovered over $300 million for his clients, solidifying his reputation as a leading advocate in the field.

Samer swiftly gained recognition for his adept negotiation skills and unwavering dedication to his clients. His practice spans a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, dog bites, funeral home abuse, premises liability, and wrongful death.

Samer is known for his compassionate approach and commitment to securing favorable outcomes for his clients. His expertise has earned him the trust and respect of both his clients and his peers within the legal community. He is also deeply invested in giving back to his community. He actively participates in pro bono work and volunteers his time to various charitable organizations. Samer is a champion for those who have been wronged, leveraging his extensive experience and expertise to make a meaningful difference in the lives of his clients and his community.