It happened: you got into a car crash, and to make matters worse, you didn’t get the other driver’s information. Maybe you were flustered and just forgot, maybe the other driver wouldn’t give you their information, or maybe it was a hit-and-run accident. Regardless, the unfortunate fact is that the individual who caused the accident is nowhere to be found. Fortunately, with the help of an experienced auto accident attorney, you are more likely to hold the right party accountable and even get the compensation that you deserve.
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates have the talent and experience to successfully handle your car accident claim. To schedule a free consultation with one of our accident attorneys, call 949-727-9300.
Steps to Take if You Don’t Have the Other Party’s Info
Whether you were involved in a hit and run or if the other driver refuses to give you their information, you can still file a claim for your injuries and damages to your property. But it is important to take the right steps to increase the likelihood of a successful claim:
- Try to collect as much information at the scene, even if the other party has fled or refused to give you their information. Some important information you should try to get includes:
- Make, model and color of the car that hit you
- License plate of the other car
- Any details about the other driver
- Look for any witnesses to the accident, as they will be crucial in the event the driver has fled or you are unable to get their information.
- Call the appropriate law enforcement agency to file a report of the accident. If you were not seriously injured, chances are they will not come to the scene. In such cases, you will need to call your area’s non-emergency police number to file a claim.
- Notify your own insurance carrier of the accident, even if you don’t have the other driver’s insurance information. Most carriers have a “notification and cooperation clause,” which means that you need to tell them about any accident you have been involved in.
- Seek medical attention – even if you don’t immediately feel any pain, you should still see a medical professional since symptoms of certain injuries may take several days to appear.
- Immediately consult with an experienced accident attorney to handle your claim and help you get the full compensation that you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Claim Attorney
If you or a loved has been injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another party, you should discuss your legal options with an attorney as you may be entitled to compensation. The skillful personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates advocate for their clients’ full financial recovery through hard work and an aggressive approach. With multiple offices located in Irvine, Los Angeles, El Segundo, San Diego and Riverside, our lawyers represent auto accident victims across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call 949-727-9300.
September 24, 2020
September 22, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 15, 2020
September 11, 2020