- July 2, 2020
- In accidents,news & Information
Independence Day, also known as the “Fourth of July”, is a nationally recognized holiday that hosts many cookouts and fun in the sun activities. People usually will get together with close friends and family; spending their day-off eating, drinking and watching the celebratory fireworks. Traditional Fourth of July plans may be a bit different this year in lieu of the COVID-19 global pandemic. Even still, it is important that you take the necessary precautions, whatever your plans may be for the weekend. The Fourth of July is labeled as the deadliest day on the road, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association.
A few Fourth of July statistics:
- Fourth of July is America’s Top Beer-Drinking Holiday
- Approximately over $1 billion was spent on beer, for July 4 in 2018.
- Estimated over $568 million was spent on wine, for July 4 in 2018.
- Predicted over 47 million people will travel over 50 miles for the Fourth of July weekend.
- 85 percent of travelers will drive to their destination.
- Approximately 601 people are killed in a car accident on July 4, each year.
- In 2017, 237 people died in an auto accident involving a driver with a BAC of .08+.
- The busiest travel day will be July 3. It is estimated that 39.7 million Americans will travel by car.
Travel Safety Tips
If you are planning on traveling during Fourth of July weekend, here are some ways you, and those around you, can have a fun and safe Independence Day.
- Make sure you and all other vehicle passengers are wearing a seat belt.
- Do not get behind the wheel if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not get into a vehicle with a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Utilize available ride sharing services in your area.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road: try to get the vehicle’s make, model, color, and license plate; pull over or distance yourself from the vehicle, and safely call 911 to report a drunk driver.
If you or a loved has been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another party, you should discuss your legal options with an attorney as you may be entitled to compensation. The experienced accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates advocate for their clients’ full financial recovery through hard work and an aggressive approach. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call 949-727-9300.
“Fighting for Justice: A Conversation with Personal Injury Attorney Samer Habbas on the Love Thy Lawyer Podcast”May 25, 2023
May 15, 2023
May 8, 2023
May 5, 2023
May 3, 2023