blog banner

Auto accident attorney lawyerBeing the victim of a car accident is stressful by itself. But what adds to this already disastrous situation is when the negligent party flees the scene, leaving you to deal with the costs of your injuries and property damage. If you have been the victim of a hit-and-run accident, it is still possible to recover damages for your injuries. But you will need the legal help of an experienced Los Angeles auto accident attorney to convince your insurance company to pay the claim.

Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage

The good news is that you have coverage under your own car insurance for injuries or property damage caused by a hit-and-run driver. This is called uninsured or underinsured motorists.  Your uninsured motorist coverage is designed to compensate you for your losses in accidents where the negligent driver is uninsured, inadequately insured, or flees the scene.

Moreover, your uninsured motorist policy affords coverage not only for you but also for all members of your family who reside in your household with you. This includes any minor children who do not reside with you or children who are away at college.

Your Los Angeles auto accident attorney will look at the details of your policy to determine who is covered and who is not covered.

Policy Limits

Your claim for damages depends on your uninsured motorist policy limits. Typically, most individuals only carry the minimum uninsured motorist coverage. And unfortunately, most often your medical bills and other losses may exceed this policy amount. Your Los Angeles auto accident attorney will explore all sources of insurance to cover the losses you have suffered.

Contact Us

If you or a family member has been involved in a hit and run accident, you should immediately call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at 888.848.5084 to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Los Angeles auto accident attorney.

Samer Habbas is a California attorney with over 18 years of experience in personal injury law. Throughout his career, he has successfully recovered over $300 million for his clients, solidifying his reputation as a leading advocate in the field.

Samer swiftly gained recognition for his adept negotiation skills and unwavering dedication to his clients. His practice spans a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, dog bites, funeral home abuse, premises liability, and wrongful death.

Samer is known for his compassionate approach and commitment to securing favorable outcomes for his clients. His expertise has earned him the trust and respect of both his clients and his peers within the legal community. He is also deeply invested in giving back to his community. He actively participates in pro bono work and volunteers his time to various charitable organizations. Samer is a champion for those who have been wronged, leveraging his extensive experience and expertise to make a meaningful difference in the lives of his clients and his community.

Tags : car Accident