- January 28, 2019
- In car Accident
One of the most common types of accidents is an accident that happens in an intersection. As common as they are, they can also be the most complicated. The reason is it is often difficult to determine who is at fault in these types of accidents. In order for you to successfully get compensation in from the party who actually caused the collision, it is best to immediately hire an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney. An aggressive attorney can prove fault and get you the full money damages you deserve.
Who Is At Fault for the Accident?
Statistics show that approximately 40 percent of all motor vehicle collisions happen at intersections. Most of these crashes happen as a result of human error. When cars travel in opposite directions on the same road and cross one or more streams of traffic on other roads, there is a greater risk of an accident occurring. The main cause is generally changing lanes, turning left or right, and trying to go through an intersection when traffic is coming on the other road(s).
However, in some cases, intersection accidents can also be the result of a poorly designed intersection. These cases can be hard to prove and as such needs the attention of an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney. Some common signs of a badly designed intersection accident include:
- Lack of or obscured warning signs
- Lack of clear view of oncoming traffic
- Lack of necessary stop signs or traffic lights
If your attorney determines that an intersection traffic was the result of a poorly designed intersection, you may be able to sue the city, county, or municipality for neglect. They will be held responsible for failing to provide a safe intersection, which result in the accident and caused your injuries.
Some states have laws that give specific driver the right-of-way in certain situations. If you had the right-of-way and was hit by another driver, you may have a case against that driver for negligence. As such, it is important you hire the right accident lawyer who can prove you had the right of way when the accident happened.
You can prove you had the right of way if you:
- Had a protected green light as you crossed the intersection
- Properly stopped at the light or stop sign on your side of the intersection
- Yielded to oncoming traffic an a through street that did not have signs or signals
- Treated the road as a at least a two-way stop
- Yielded to cars in the intersection already
- Got to the intersection at the same time as the other driver to your right and yielded to them
- Entered a multi-lane road from a two-lane road and yielded to cars on the larger road
- Yielded to cars on the frontage road when exiting a highway
Consult with a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle collision that was caused by the negligent or reckless act of a third party, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888.848.5084.