- September 4, 2017
- In car Accident
The majority of car accident cases involve some type of property damage. This is another unfortunate addition added to your long list of problems in the aftermath of an accident. In order to make sure that you get the full property damage compensation that you are entitled to, it is important to hire an experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer.
What Is Property Damage?
Most car accident claims involve two different types of damages: personal injury damage and property damage. It is important to note that personal injury and property damage are not the same. Personal injury is when you have suffered injuries to your body as a result of the accident. Property damage is when your vehicle has been either fully or partially destroyed as a result of the accident.
How to Prove Property Damage
In order to start the process for getting compensated for your property damage, you need to first establish the value of the damage to your car with evidence. The most common way of proving property damage is with a receipt for:
- Replacement value of the damaged property
- Cost of repairs
- Loss of use (until repaired)
- Proof of missing items, by way of subjective testimony
Other accident expenses that you or your attorney may be able to get compensation for include:
- Towing expenses, if your vehicle is not operable
- Replacement of parts, repairs, or total replacement of the vehicle
- Rental car expenses, while your car is at the body shop
How an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Can Help
An experienced car accident lawyer in Los Angeles, can help with property damage compensation in the following ways:
- Investigating liability coverage of the accident
- Setting up car inspections at the body shop
- Making sure the at-fault party’s insurance company accepts liability
- Setting up car rental
- Setting up your car for repairs with a reputable body shop
- Monitoring the repair of your car
The bottom line is, if you are not represented by an aggressive accident attorney, the chances of recuperating the full value of your car is slim. When an insurance company sees that you have an attorney fighting for you, the adjustor is less likely to play games and more likely to fully reimburse your for your property damage.
Consult with a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that was caused by the negligence of another party, you may be entitled to financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888-848-5084.
September 29, 2023
September 25, 2023
September 21, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 14, 2023