Rollover Accidents Explained
There are many different types of accidents. Rollover accidents are one of the most serious types that generally result in traumatic injuries and even death. Rollover accidents are more common than most of think. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 100,000 lives are lost in rollover accidents each year in the U.S. This represents one third of all traffic fatalities in the country.
Reasons for Vehicles Rolling
There are many factors that can cause or contribute to a rollover accident. The most common causes of a rollover accident include:
- High speeds – Speeding is a factor in approximately 40% of all rollover accidents. When a driver speeds, it becomes more difficult to control their vehicle. If they jerk the steering wheel or underestimate the sharpness of a curve, an accident could easily result.
- Driver error – Most rollover accidents happen because a driver panics in an emergency situation. For example, if a driver overcorrects after drifting out of their lane, it can cause their car to flip over.
- Bad tires – Worn tires cannot grip the road properly, giving drivers less control of the driving wheel. If a tire is not properly inflated, it can overheat and blow out. In either case, it can cause the driver to panic and the vehicle to roll.
- Driver impairment – About half of all rollover accidents involve the driver being intoxicated. When a driver is intoxicated, it impairs their judgment, vision, coordination and response time. This can cause them to easily lose control of their vehicle and cause it to roll.
- Crashes – Rollover accidents can easily occur when vehicles collide at high speeds, especially on slippery road surfaces.
Rollover Accident Injuries
Rollover accidents are generally very serious and can result in traumatic injuries to the victims. Some common rollover accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury and other types of head injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Quadriplegia or paraplegia
- Soft tissue injuries
- Damages to internal organs
If you or a loved one was injured or died in a rollover accident, you need an experienced and aggressive Los Angeles rollover accident attorney to protect your rights and help you get the full compensation that you deserve.
Call a Los Angeles Rollover Accident Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents. Our experienced Los Angeles rollover car accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.