- In accidents
Most of us take for granted the good condition of the road we travel on. When we come to road construction, we get upset and complain about getting stuck in traffic or having to deal with the difficult road. What we do not realize is that without road construction, we would not be able to enjoy the safety and convenience of our roads.
As important and necessary as road construction may be, it can nevertheless be dangerous. Many accidents are caused by the dangers posed by road construction. Although you may not be able to avoid driving on roads that are getting worked on, you can take several steps and consider the important tips that will allow for a safer travel on roads laden with construction.
Tips For Staying Safe On Road With Construction
The question most motorists have is how to remain stay safe on road with so much construction? Below are some tips to consider and remember when you approach road construction:
- Slow down. The speed limit will generally decrease in construction zones. It is important to safely reduce your speed and obey the slower speed limit in these areas – even if other cars on the road are still driving faster.
- Stay alert. Certain roads may seem wide open for long stretches before a construction zone quickly sneaks up. As such, it is important to stay alert for any changes in the road and in the traffic. It is best to assume that the other motorists on the road are not paying attention.
- Do not text, check email or talk on the phone. Even if traffic has come to a complete halt, you should refrain from texting, checking your email or talking on the phone. Taking your eyes off the road for even a short period of time may be a recipe for disaster.
- Allow plenty of room with the vehicle in front of you. Often people who are stuck in construction zones become impatient. It is important that you do not tailgate the car in front of you. Reducing the gap will not make the traffic go any faster. Instead, it will only decrease the amount of reaction time you allow yourself to make an instant decision.
- Watch out for tractor-trailers. Tractor-trailers can safely share the road with other motorists. However, this may not be the case in construction zones. You need to allow more space between yourself and the tractor-trailer, avoid being in the drivers’ blind spots, and move over if the tractor-trailer is either getting on the highway or attempting to make a lane change.
Consult with a Car Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless act of a third party, you may be entitled to financial compensation. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with a Los Angeles car accident attorney, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888-848-5084.
December 1, 2023
November 27, 2023
November 24, 2023
November 21, 2023
November 20, 2023