- January 5, 2019
- In construction Accident
The construction industry is one of the world’s largest sectors of the economy with $10 trillion spent on construction related goods and services each year. It was also deemed as one of the top ten most dangerous jobs in 2018. According to the Bureau of Labors Statistics, there were 18 fatal injuries per 100,000 workers, totaling to nearly 150 fatalities in 2018. Thousands of more were injured at construction sites.
OSHA identifies the leading cause of injuries and fatalities in the construction industry as the “Fatal Four”: falls, struck by objects, electrocution, caught-in/between. OSHA estimates that eliminating these four hazards would save 631 workers’ lives per year in the United States.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured at a construction site, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. You should consult with an experienced construction accident attorney to ensure that you get the full extent of damages that you are entitled to.
5 Important Steps To Take After a Construction Accident
When you are injured in a construction related accident, it is important to take the following five important steps to protect your legal rights:
1. Call 911. If your injuries are not serious enough to call the paramedics, you should still go to your physician for the injuries you have sustained. Symptoms of certain medical conditions may not surface until days or weeks after an accident.
2. Notify the project owner and the construction manager of your accident and file a report.
3. Take pictures of the scene of the accident and document the facts surrounding the accident while it is still fresh in your mind.
4. Get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
5. Contact a construction accident attorney who specifically handles construction accidents.
Taking the right steps after a construction accident is important to protect your legal rights. It can also help you get the full compensation that you deserve. When you hire an experienced Orange County construction accident attorney, he will walk you through each step to make sure you do not jeopardize the outcome of your case and that you get the necessary medical treatment.
Call Us Today!
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced Orange County construction accident attorney, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.
May 23, 2022
May 18, 2022
April 10, 2022
January 31, 2022
January 28, 2022