- October 18, 2013
- In auto Accidents
Being involved in an accident can be physically, emotionally and financially stressful. If the car accident was not your fault, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. With 11 million auto accidents occurring annually, you may become a victim. If you do, protect your legal rights by doing or not doing certain things. To receive the compensation you deserve, keep these points in mind.
- Document the scene – Whether it’s you or another person, take pictures or videos of the scene. Include damage to vehicles, property damage, skid marks, and other pertinent facts.
- Contact Information – Always get certain information from everyone involved in the accident. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance information, and license plate numbers.
- Witness Information – Also obtain names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses who saw the accident, since they can play a crucial role in proving your case in court.
- Obtain Police Reports – In addition to driver and witness contact information, get the names of police officers who work the accident, so you can obtain a police report later on.
- Medical Treatment – Even if you think you are not seriously injured, seek immediate medical treatment since some injuries don’t reveal themselves until later. By doing so, you’ll have proper medical documentation of your injuries.
- Document Injuries and Treatment – Whether you have minor or serious injuries, always document them and any medical treatment you receive.
- Never Provide Statements – If opposing attorneys or insurance companies contact you, never provide written or recorded statements that can be used against you.
- Never Sign Documents – Remember to never sign documents from the opposing insurance company, since this may lead to forfeiting your rights to sue.
- Never Admit Fault – Whether at the accident scene or later on, never admit fault to other drivers, police, opposing attorneys, or insurance representatives.
- Consult an Attorney – To learn more about pursuing legal action and getting the compensation you deserve, schedule a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Call an Experienced Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one was involved in an accident and suffered personal injuries, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas can help you get the just compensation to which you are entitled. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Los Angeles car accident lawyer, please call 1-888-848-5048.
December 30, 2020
December 24, 2020
November 24, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 12, 2020