10 Important Things To Do If You Are Involved in a Car Accident
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there were approximately 10.8 million car accidents reported last year nationwide. Being involved in an accident can be physically, emotionally and financially stressful. If the car accident was not your fault, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries.
However, in order to protect your legal rights and get the full compensation you are entitled to, our Los Angeles car accident lawyers recommend that you consider the following ten essential “must-do’s”:
- Document the scene of the accident by taking pictures of the vehicles before anything else happens. If you are not physically able to do so, we recommend that you ask a passenger or the police to take pictures.
- Get the contact information for all parties involved in the accident, including names, addresses, phone numbers, license plate, driver’s license and insurance information.
- Get the contact information for any witnesses present at the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible, even if you think you have not suffered any injuries. Some injuries do not surface until days or even weeks after an accident.
- Document all of your injuries and any treatment that you receive.
- Do not provide any statements, whether recorded or not, to any parties, especially to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Do not sign any documents provided by the other party’s insurance company.
- Do not admit fault!
- Consult with a Los Angeles car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Call an Experienced Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one was involved in an accident and suffered personal injuries, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas can help you get the just compensation to which you are entitled. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Los Angeles car accident lawyer, please call 1-888-848-5048.