- April 1, 2019
- In slip And Fall
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that more than one million people in the United States are injured in slip and fall accidents each year. More than 17,000 people die each year as a result of these types of accidents. The injuries suffered from a slip and falls can be as minor as a scratch or bump, or as severe as a head injury or death.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip, trip or fall accident, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced Orange County premises liability lawyer to help you recover the full extent of the compensation that you deserve.
5 Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Various factors are generally involved in the causation of a slip, trip or fall accident. The five most common dangerous conditions that can cause these types of accidents to include:
• Uneven surfaces. The majority of slip and fall accidents occur on uneven walking surfaces caused by:
◦ Loose floorboards
◦ Potholes in parking lots
◦ Poorly constructed staircases
◦ Ripped or torn carpeting
◦ Defective sidewalks
• Wet or slippery surfaces. Walking traction can be significantly reduced if a floor is wet.
• Obstacles in walkways. Floors that are cluttered with items, such as power cords, tools, and equipment, can result in serious tripping hazards.
• Poorly designed or constructed stairways. Stairs have to meet state and county building codes. If a stairway is not built according to code, it can result in a hazardous condition.
• Lack of safety features. Lack of safety features, such as handrails, can be a major factor in trip and fall accidents.
Common Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents
Injuries that slip and fall victims commonly suffer include:
• Broken or fractured bones
• Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
• Neck and back injuries
• Soft tissue injuries
• Emotional and mental suffering+
Regardless of what type of injury you suffered in a slip and fall accident that was caused by the negligence of another party, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Orange County premises liability attorney can help you get the full compensation that you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To ensure you get the full money damages you deserve, you need to consult with and hire an Orange County slip and fall accident, attorney.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an Orange County premises liability lawyer, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.