- December 15, 2016
- In auto Accidents
Millions of people will take to the roads between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. This additional traffic on the roads can bring along with added stress – and more car accidents. There are certain universal rules that we all generally follow while driving: not speeding, not texting and driving, and not drinking and driving. During the holiday seasons, we all need to be more vigilant of these general rules, as well as some additional tips.
Below are five holiday season driving safety tips that will hopefully make holiday driving more enjoyable and safe.
- Make sure your car is operating properly. You should professionally check your lights, oil, belts and hoses, brake fluid and the condition of your battery before driving your car – especially if you are planning to take a long trip.
- Plan your route in advance. You should always try to plan your route in advance. You should also check traffic reports and weather conditions before getting on the road. You should consider taking a paper map as a backup to your GPS system. You never know when a GPS system may be inoperable or not working.
- Follow speed limits. This tip may seem pretty common. However, during the holiday seasons, there is often excess traffic and congestion on the roads. This means that you should travel at the speed limit or even below to be extra cautious of avoiding an accident.
- Be prepared for emergencies. It is always best to be prepared for any type of emergency. You should keep the following basic items in your car:
– Extra pair of gloves
– Non-perishable food items and water
– First aid kit
- Relax. Driving during the holiday season can be very stressful. If you are frustrated while behind the wheel, it can result in poor decisions and judgment. Such risky behavior can be a major factor in causing or being involved in a serious car accident. If you keep the right attitude, your ride will be more enjoyable and much safer.
Call an Orange County Personal Injury Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in an accident that was caused by the negligent actions of another party, our experienced Orange County car accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.
March 29, 2023
March 27, 2023
March 24, 2023
March 22, 2023
March 20, 2023