- November 27, 2017
- In accidents
Getting into in any type of severe accident can cause both mental and physical injuries. The severity of the accident can increase the severity of these injuries. Sometimes, these injuries are obvious and take the form of broken bones, cuts, and scrapes. However, the symptoms of other injuries may not be as obvious and may not even manifest until days, weeks or even months after the accident.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, it is important to seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel fine right after the accident.
Common Delayed Accident Injuries
Below are common accident injuries that often have delayed signs and symptoms.
- PTSD – Accident victims suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD, often have misplaced situational anxiety following an accident. As a result, the individual may suffer depression, anxiety or other symptoms that may not be normal for their personality.
- Headaches – Getting headaches after an accident is fairly common. However, if the headaches persist for more than several days, is it is important to immediately visit your doctor. Long-term headaches can signal serious problems such as blood clots in the brain, concussions or even neck injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Symptoms of brain injuries are generally not obvious enough for accident victims to self-diagnose. However, even the mildest symptoms can result in serious brain injuries that cause brain aneurysms and permanent memory loss.
- Abdominal pain or swelling – The symptoms of internal bleeding are also silent, but very serious. If you suffer any of the following symptoms after an accident, you may suffer internal bleeding and should immediately call a doctor:
1. Deep bruises that are purple
Getting Compensation For Your Injuries
Treating a serious injury can be costly and can significantly impact all aspects of your life. If your injuries were the result of an accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Orange County accident attorney can help you get compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Any other out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Contact an Experienced Orange County Personal Injury Attorney
At the Law Offices of Samer Habbas, our Orange County personal injury attorneys are experienced in getting our injured clients the full compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in an accident caused by another party, it is imperative that you get immediate legal help. These types of cases generally involve complicated legal issues that demand the guidance of an accident attorney.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our OC personal injury lawyers, please call us at 888.848.5084.
May 23, 2022
May 18, 2022
April 10, 2022
January 31, 2022
January 28, 2022