Successfully Handling Slip and Fall Injury Cases
Not all slip and fall accidents cause injuries. But the accidents that do, often involve serious injuries. An accident in a store, restaurant or even the movies can cause a brain injury, back injuries, serious fractures, or deep lacerations. If your injury requires serious medical treatment, it is important to know how to handle the aftermath in order to protect your legal rights.
In order to maximize your compensation and the value of any potential premises liability claim, it is important that you take these steps after a slip and fall on another person’s property:
- Don’t try to immediately move. It is common for you to want to immediately get up after taking a bad fall. However, it is important to stay put and a take a moment to evaluate your situation. If you realize that you are possibly injured, you should not move until medical help arrives.
- Notify the property owner or manager. You should file an incident report with the owner or property manager to document what happened. Do not speculate. Instead, simply state the facts.
- Document the scene of the accident. If possible, you should take pictures of the scene of the accident before any employees clean up or clear the area where you got injured. You should also see if there are any witnesses and ask for their contact information.
- Get medical attention. If you are seriously injured, call 911 or ask someone else to do it. However, regardless of the severity of your injuries, you should seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of certain medical conditions may not manifest immediately after an accident.
- Do not share anything on social media. Anything that you post on social media can be admissible in court. Insurance companies often use these social media posts to lower or even deny claim payouts. As such, it is best not to post anything about yourself.
Call a Los Angeles Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a slip and fall accident that was caused by the negligent actions of another party, our experienced Los Angeles premises liability attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.