Los Angeles Elder Abuse AttorneyIf You or a Loved One Has Been the Victim of Elder Abuse, Attorney Samer Habbas Can Help!
Science and medicine has helped to increase life expectancy. However, an unfortunate result of living a longer life is the exposure to the increasing rate of elder abuse and neglect. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines elder abuse as a single or repeated act or lack of appropriate action within a relationship that involves an expectation of trust, resulting in harm or distress to an elderly individual. Elder abuse can be a devastating and humiliating experience. Holding the responsible parties will not make this pain go away, but it can bring a sense of justice for the elderly victims.
The Los Angeles elder abuse attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of the elderly who have been abused and neglected. We will work hard to get you the damages that you and your loved one deserve.
The 5 Common Types of Elder Abuse & The Warning Signs
Elder abuse takes many different forms. Some elder abuse involves intimidating or threatening the individual, while other types of abuse involve neglect, scams and exploitation. While the majority of elder abuse comes at the hand of the family members of the elderly, abuse may also be committed by professional conservatory, care givers or assisted living facilities.
Regardless of who the abuser is, it is important for the victim’s loved ones to recognize the symptoms of elder abuse and stop the abuse and protect the victim’s rights. Below are five common types of elder abuse and their warning signs:
- Physical abuse, such as beating, pushing, hitting or using physical restraints.
- Sexual abuse, which involves any type of nonconsensual sexual contact of any kind.
- Emotional abuse, which involves inflicting anguish or pain through either verbal or nonverbal actions. Examples of emotional abuse include assault, insults, threats, intimidations, and humiliation.
- Neglect, which involves the refusal or failure to fulfill any part of an individual’s obligations or duties to an elder. Examples of neglect include failing to provide the elder with basic necessities, such as food, water, shelter, personal hygiene and medicine.
- Financial abuse, includes the illegal or improper use of the elder’s financial assets.
At the Law Offices of Samer Habbas, we are aggressive, yet compassionate, in fighting for the rights of our elderly clients. Our Los Angeles elder abuse attorneys will expertly investigate the facts of your case to ensure that all responsible parties are held accountable for their actions. Filing a personal injury claim will not make the devastating experience for your loved one go away. However, it can bring him or her a sense of justice and closure.
Protect Your Rights With an Experienced Los Angeles Elder Abuse Attorney
If or a loved one has been subjected to elder abuse, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. Our Los Angeles elder abuse attorneys specialize in handling elder abuse cases and have the experience to help you hold the right parties accountable.