- November 15, 2018
- In slip And Fall
Statistics show that total injuries resulting from slip and falls cost approximately $13-14 million each year in the United States. Falls are the leading cause of accident injuries, resulting in 20.8 percent of all emergency room visits each year. More specifically, falls account for more than 8 million hospital emergency room visits each year.
Incidence of falls goes up with each decade of life. Each year in the U.S., one out of every three persons over the age of 65 will experience a fall. Approximately, half of these falls result from the negligence of another party.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a slip and fall accident caused by another party’s negligence or reckless actions, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Los Angeles slip and fall accident attorney can help you get the full compensation that you need.
5 Most Common Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and falls can happen for various reasons. Below are the five most common type of slip and fall accidents:
1. Wet Floor and Walkway Incidents. Business and property owners have a duty to provide a safe premise to individuals who are legally on their property. This means they have a duty to clean and spills within a reasonable amount of time after it happens. They are also required to a place a wet floor caution sign to warn individuals of any spill or wet floor. If they don’t place a caution sign or immediately clean the floor, they can be held responsible for any resulting injury.
2. Damaged Floor Incidents. Business and property owners are required to maintain their floors. They may be responsible for any injuries resulting from loose carpet, broken floors or tiles, or other tripping hazards.
3. Ditches and Pothole Accidents. Trenches, holes and ditches need to be repaired as soon as possible. Property or business owners can be held responsible for any injuries resulting from lack of timely repair or adequate maintenance.
4. Inadequate Lighting. It is the responsibility of property or business owners to make sure their property has adequate lighting. Lack of sufficient lighting can result in serious accidents, which they can be held responsible for.
5. Damaged Sidewalks. Sidewalks that are uneven due to crack can be dangerous and can easily cause a fall. If property or business owners fails to properly maintain their sidewalk, they can be held liable for any resulting injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To ensure you get the full money damages you deserve, you need to consult with and hire a Los Angeles accident attorney.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at (888) 848-5084.
March 27, 2023
March 24, 2023
March 22, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 17, 2023